Do you a garden in the backyard of your house and love to do gardening in your free time? If yes, then it is important that you should have pruners in your tool collection. Having a pair of best hand pruners is essential for the individual who has plants, trees, and shrubs in their house. This amazing tool can help you in a variety of jobs that range from trimming branches to clipping flowers and other similar works.
It acts as the outdoor scissors and knives for the gardeners, but the only difference is that this tool comes with blades having the ability to cut branches, stems, and twigs very easily. You will find that they come in a great variety of designs and models. Some of them are crafted especially for individuals with smaller handles or having an arthritis problem, whereas many are created especially for cutting shrubs and trees.
- 1 How to find the best hand pruners?
- 1.1 What are the top 10 best hand pruners in 2018?
- 1.1.1 Felco F-2 Classic Manual Hand Pruner
- 1.1.2 2. Felco F-6 Classic Pruner for Smaller Hands
- 1.1.3 3. ARS HP-VS8Z Signature Heavy Duty Pruner
- 1.1.4 4. Corona Classic Cut Forged Bypass Hand Pruner
- 1.1.5 5. EZ Kut Products Heavy Duty Ratchet Pruner
- 1.1.6 6. Gonicc 8” Professional Sharp Bypass Pruner
- 1.1.7 7. The Gardener’s Friend Pruning Shears
- 1.1.8 9. Florian Ratchet-Cut Anvil Hand Pruners
- 1.1.9 10. Corona Clipper BP 4214D FlexDIAL ComfortGel Bypass Hand Pruner
- 1.1 What are the top 10 best hand pruners in 2018?
How to find the best hand pruners?
There are hundreds of manufacturers in the market who claimed to create high-quality products. However, there are many brands selling cheaply designed tools and charges a great sort of money. If you are a complete beginner, then there are strong chances that you might get frustrated while finding the best hand pruners and often end up making the wrong choices. Our team works with a different approach and prefer to help our readers in the most helpful way. To assist them, we have created a buying guide that through which you can make the right choice:
- Locking Mechanism
The most important thing that you need to keep in mind while buying a hand pruner is how good its locking mechanism. It is important for promoting the security of the pruners as well as the hands of the user. There is a mechanism that works better than others so you should check them conveniently. You can go for a latch mechanism that can be operated more easily.
- Blade Quality
The majority of hand pruners come with high-quality steel or titanium stainless steel blades. Also, you should check whether they are coated with a non-sticky substance for preventing the material to stick. Overall, you should go for the product that made from hardened and high-quality carbon steel because they last much longer and doesn’t require much sharpening.
- Ergonomic Design
If you have a problem like carpal tunnel or arthritis, then it is best to go for the best hand pruners having an ergonomic design. They are equipped with cushioned handles that minimize pressure on the wrist. So, you should keep this thing in mind while choosing a perfect hand pruner.
- Hand Pruner Style
There are many different types of hand pruners available on the market. The most popular one of them is bypass pruners that allow clean the garden through two curved blades. On the other hand, the anvil pruners equip with a single straight cutting blade and equip with a slicing action that is similar to a knife.
See all the styles have their own devotees, but we will suggest you go for a bypass hand pruner or anvil hand pruner as both works perfectly for beginners and work great on the plants.
The price of the hand pruners varies from $10 to more than $75. If you end up buying the best product, then it will save your work and money in the upcoming time. You should go for a quality brand who manufacture professional or heavy pruners. However, it is important that you should never forget about your budget as passing it will hurt your pocket badly.
That’s all if you follow these guidelines, then there is a full chance that you will end up making a brilliant choice. However, if you don’t have time for such a headache and want to skip the research, then read further.
What are the top 10 best hand pruners in 2018?
As we have explained above, our only motive to create this site is to help the readers to the highest possible level. That’s why we went through an extensive research and testing of more than 50 hours for creating a list that ensure you end up buying a perfect product. We have created a list of top 10 best hand pruners in 2018 after the proper dedication and hard work. You should check each of them carefully and then buy one using the mentioned links. We ensure that you will become successful in buying a hand pruner that will last for many years.
Felco F-2 Classic Manual Hand Pruner
If you are a professional gardener or very serious about home gardening, then there is no way that you will find a better pruner. It will last for a lifetime due to high-quality material and superb features. The product manufactured by the well-known brand who are crafting the gardening tools for more than 50 years now. The Felco F-2 Classic is a hand-sized and lightweight item that weighs less than a half ounce. It also equips with a rubber shock absorber cushion making the operation better and smoother.
There is an angled cut head design added by the company that will boost your gardening experience for sure. Furthermore, there are ideally shaped handles for ensuring that your hands and wrist stay in a proper position. During our research, we found you can’t find a better option than this classic pruner in the market for trimming wood perennials and plants. Also, it comes in a safe and reusable packing allowing you to store the pruner when not in use. It comes with one year guarantee that allows you to know its authenticity.
- It is a high-quality product that will last for a lifetime.
- This tool is fully adjustable and capable to hold all the cutting jobs perfectly.
- The Felco F-2 has rugged steel blades that hold their sharpness for a long time.
- Minor complaints about the clipper spring of this tool.
- It is a little bit expensive product, but the features are worth to enjoy.
2. Felco F-6 Classic Pruner for Smaller Hands
There is no way that the list of best hand pruners can complete without mentioning the name of Felco F-6 Classic. It is a great product that works perfectly for the smaller hands. You will get the same sharp blades as the Felco F-2, but the handles are slightly shorter. The product comes with a blade capacity of 0.8 inches that is brilliant for the smaller hands. This tool is a sturdy and lightweight option crafted from forged aluminum that lasts for many years. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty and allows the users to make clean and precise cuts in the garden.
There are sap grooves on the tool that prevent the blades from sticking together during the cutting process. It not only makes the pruning straightforward but also saves lots of time. You will love the adjustable hand and wrist protection & optimization provided by the angled heads. Overall, you will find this product perfect for completing pruning works like on young trees, shrubs, and vines.
- It comes with small and lightweight metal handles making it perfect for individuals with small hands.
- The blades are crafted using top-quality hardened steel material that allows the product to last for a long time.
- The tool is available at quite an affordable price.
- The individuals with larger hands may not find it a good option.
3. ARS HP-VS8Z Signature Heavy Duty Pruner
It is a fully professional hand pruner that made from the heavy-duty material. The ARS HP-VS8Z manufactured by the ARS brand who has a great name in this field. They have coated the blades for providing protection against the rust and sap. Furthermore, the company has offset the blades to maintain the natural strength for a longer time. There is no denying that this tool is one of the best hand pruners that you can find anywhere in the market. There will be a minimal carpal effect on your hands if you choose this pruner for hours.
The company has equipped this product with ergonomic handles that make the gardening work comfortable. You can replace the handles quite easily if they broke up whose chances are very low. In simple words, it has all the things that one look in a heavy duty pruner. You will find that the product becomes easier due to its extremely sharp blades.
- This tool lasts much longer than the majority of hand pruners manufactured by well-known brands.
- They are made using high-quality material that make it capable of continued professional use.
- You can maintain the natural strength with this tool precisely.
- The company is known for their terrible customer service.
4. Corona Classic Cut Forged Bypass Hand Pruner
If you want a product for all-day pruning without a problem, then go for the Corona Classic Hand Pruner. It is one of the most used equipment in the gardening world and all the individual enjoy cleaning the garden using it. Furthermore, the product is very affordable and comfortable to use even if you are a beginner. You won’t find a product better than this one for trimming and cutting the woody stems that is difficult to perform by the house scissors.
This tool is one of the best hand pruners that made for the tougher dead woods. The company has crafted them using a forging process so that the product lasts for a long time. They have the hand matched the blade and hook for precision to make sure users enjoy clean and clear cuts. It equips with a narrow profile hook so that the user can enjoy perfect cutting while working in the tightest locations. On the other hand, the sap and debris removed by the sap grooves.
- The blade remains clean due to the sap groove in the tool.
- It is a versatile tool that equips with a built-in wire cutter notch for making the things easier.
- The tool available at a budget-friendly price so that everyone can easily buy it.
- You may have to sharpen the blade after some years of use.
5. EZ Kut Products Heavy Duty Ratchet Pruner
If you want to buy one of the best hand pruners at an affordable price, then there is nothing better than the EZ Kut Pruner. It comes with a complete metal construction, whereas its blade is made from carbon hardened steel blade. You can replace this blade with complete ease even if you have no previous experience. The company has added spa grooves that ensure that the blades don’t stick together and save lots of time. Furthermore, it has a great cutting capacity that allows it to cut up to 1.5 inches without a problem.
The EZ Kut Ratchet is a perfect item for the hunters, campers, ranchers, trail riders, gardeners, and ranchers. We can say that the people who love gardening will love it for sure. There is also a non-stick coating provided on the blades that ensure blades doesn’t attain rust at all. Additionally, there is a wrap provided near the knuckle protector for added convenience. It has a user-friendly handle that allows you to control power while cutting precisely.
- You will get a lifetime warranty on this hand pruner that shows how much company believe in its quality.
- There is a top-class coating on the steel blades that make sure rust and gum don’t stick with it.
- The company has designed this product ergonomically to ensure extreme comfort while working.
- The people with small hands may not like this tool.
6. Gonicc 8” Professional Sharp Bypass Pruner
The product that deserves the sixth position in our list is the Gonicc 8” Professional Pruner that is highly durable and long-lasting. The blades of this product have 8-inch length and crafted from top-quality 5K-S steel. There is a protection layer on the pruner that provides resistance against the nicks and rust. That’s not all, the company has coated them using chromium plating technology for offering extra protection.
There is an ergonomic design handle installed on the tool that allows you to use it very easily. Additionally, it equips with a non-slip grip for promoting the comfort level while gardening for a long time. The inside part of the lower handle has a locking mechanism that allows you to reach tough areas easily. Also, the sap groove design can resist the pruning shears to get a stick on the blade. It is a durable, stronger, and lightweight tool that you can buy without a problem.
- This tool is equipped with a safety lock that can use quite easily for proper convenience.
- The sap channel is highly effective to ensure the proper cleaning and cutting.
- This tool available at a budget-friendly price.
- This tool’s spring made from a fairly low-quality material, but still, it lasts for many years.
7. The Gardener’s Friend Pruning Shears
This one is one of the most amazing and best hand pruners that you can buy. It may be more expensive than the other products in this list, but the features are worth to enjoy. It is a perfect option for the people who have weak hands and often clip thicker branches or stems. There will be no pain in your hand even if you work an entire day in the garden. It has a unique and effective mechanism that allows you to cut even small stems conveniently.
If you are looking a hand pruner for trimming trees, shrubs, flowers, and similar things, then you choose this tool without researching furthermore. It comes with an incredible ratchet system that can cut flower blossoms having 1-inch thickness. Also, the aged people should go for this product due to its ergonomic design and pain-free operation.
- It has high-quality steel blades that have a coating for prevention against rust.
- This tool is perfect for the people having pain in their hands.
- Capable to cut through branches up to 1 inch efficiently.
- It has a rubberized grip that loses its charm over time.
8. Garden Elite Razor Sharp Bypass Prunin Shear
The Garden Elite Razor is a high-quality product that made from the hardest steel available anywhere, i.e. SK5 steel. The company has added top-notch razor-sharp steel blades allowing you to cut up stems up to 25 mm long. The main feature of this tool is its ergonomic design having aluminum handles along with anodized finish. The company has designed the tool in such a way that hand strains can prevent so that the gardening work becomes fun and comfortable.
There is a Teflon non-sticking coating provided on the blades ensure that it stays free from rust and attains sharpness for many years. The company sells this product with a lifetime warranty that ensures you stay from worries while buying a hand pruner. Also, they have added a thumb lock on the tool for making the operation comfortable for everyone.
- It is a straightforward product that can offer clean and easy cuts.
- This tool is equipped with an easy to use thumb lock that makes operation better.
- You will feel less fatigue on your hands while using this tool.
- You may feel some pressure while using its locking mechanism.
9. Florian Ratchet-Cut Anvil Hand Pruners
The Florian Ratchet is one of the best hand pruners that come with extremely durable blades that last for a long time. It has a non-stick coating that ensures that blades never get stuck due to the sticky plants like pine trees. They have bright colored handles crafted using a fiberglass-reinforced nylon. It works on the ratchet action that boosts the cutting power to a great extent. The length of its Teflon coated high carbon blades is 2.5 inches that make the operation smoother.
Additionally, you will fall in love with its metal locking mechanism that attached to the lower handles for making sure the blades remain closed. Also, its ratcheting mechanism is amazing to slice and cut the stems very conveniently. So, if you are up for a high-quality pruner, then go for this one.
- It is a perfect product for the beginners who don’t know much about gardening.
- Despite being a high-quality item, this tool available at a pretty affordable price.
- Capable to cut up to ¾ inch plants and stems very conveniently.
- Some complain that it is a bit flimsy while working.
10. Corona Clipper BP 4214D FlexDIAL ComfortGel Bypass Hand Pruner
We will end our list of best hand pruners with an ultra-flexible equipment that is known with the name Corona Clipper BP 4214D. It is adjustable that can work in eight different positions. In simple words, the first position is for the people with small hands, while the eighth one is for an individual involved in very serious gardening or have very large hands. Everyone will easily get access to a position that works perfectly
as per their convenience. Anyone can adjust its position by simply spinning the wheel.
The company has manufactured handles using the Comfortgel that last for many years. On the other hand, you will find its blade very sharp and equip with a non-s
- tick coating material. All these things make the pruning very comfortable even if you are a beginner.
- The branches cut very precisely with a reduced force with this tool.
- A variety of positions make everyone can use this tool conveniently.
- Available at a pretty affordable price.
- Pathetic customer service offered by the company.
How much rate our article of top 10 best hand pruners in your ranking? We believe that you have already found the right match as per your requirements. All the products have their own set of features and benefits that you need to match with your gardening needs. Our team has tried to cover gardeners of all skill levels with a motive that everyone gets the perfect hand pruner. They are very handy tools that all the gardeners should have in their tool collection. So what are you waiting? Choose one of the products on the list and make your garden look better. If you want to give suggestion regarding the hand pruner, then tell us in the comment section. We will assist you as soon as possible.